Pe 16 mai, Ambasada Statelor Unite ale Americii organizează, la Impact Hub Bucharest, conferința Powering Change: Women in Innovation and Creativity.
Accesul la eveniment se face doar pe bază de invitație, iar Impact Hub oferă membrilor comunității un număr limitat de invitații. Pentru a putea intra în posesia lor, te rugăm să confirmi în thread-ul dedicat din slack.
8:45-9:15 Registration and Welcome Coffee
9:15-9:30 Opening Remarks
- Donald Carroll, Press Officer, United States Embassy to Romania
- Anca I. Pop , Intellectual Property Law Enforcement Coordinator (IPLEC) – Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Office of Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) , United States Department of Justice (US DOJ)
9:30-11:00 PANEL I
- Bogdan Geavela, International Cooperation Expert, Romanian Patent and Trademark Office (OSIM)
- Adrian Negoita, Director Directia Brevete, Romanian Patent and Trademark Office (OSIM)
An overview of the Romanian women inventors over the years, trends/statistics regarding women in innovation, and female representation in various industries; a brief description of the patent and trademark protection offered in Romania and the importance of intellectual property at the national and international level; and the key role men can play in breaking down gender stereotypes in business.
- Anca Rancea, Chair, Freelancers Association and Female Entrepreneurs Federation
The importance of strong intellectual property rights as a way to encourage innovation and protect opportunities for free-lancers; and fostering women’s economic empowerment in Romania.
- Angela Ciobanu, Designer and Young Entrepreneur
Intellectual property protection in design and tech innovation; the development of a female entrepreneur in a valuable industry; infringements suffered as a jewelry designer and outcome.
- Irina Lucan-Arjoca, Deputy General Director, Romanian Copyright Office (ORDA)
An overview of the Romanian women authors over the years, trends/statistics regarding women in creativity, and women representation in various creative industries; a brief description of copyright protections offered in Romania and the importance of intellectual property at the national and international level.
- Maria Voican, Attorney at Law, WIPO Alumna
Intellectual property protection opportunities through treaties and global agreements.
11:00- 11:15 Coffee/Tea Break
11:15-12:45 PANEL II
- Monica Pop. Prosecutor, High Court of Cassation and Justice of Romania, Intellectual Property Department
Criminal enforcement of intellectual property rights in Romania.
- Denisa Carlescu, Senior Police Investigator, Subject Matter Expert on IP Criminal Enforcement, General Inspectorate of Romanian Police, Economic Crime Investigation Directorate
Fighting intellectual property crimes—a female law enforcement perspective.
- Magda Popescu, Outside Legal Counsel, Business Software Alliance (BSA) – Romania
The connection between cyber security threats and intellectual property rights infringements; the key role of women working in cyber forensics; women in management in BSA and females in outside counsel positions.
- Adina Scriosteanu, Executive Director, Romanian Union of Phonograms Producers (UFMR), Romanian Recording Industry Association (AIMR), Romanian Union of Videograms Producers (UPVR)
A music producer’s journey and experience with intellectual property rights; the responsibility of platforms storing infringing content and cooperation between them and right-holders; national and European legislative updates; and the importance of public awareness and education.
- Oana Craioveanu, Cofounder, Impact Hub
The importance of intellectual property in supporting and expanding women’s entrepreneurship in Romania.
- Olga Juverdeanu, General Manager, Global Records
The importance of innovation and creativity for women in the economy.
12:45-13:00 Closing Remarks
13:00- 14:00 Light Lunch and Networking