Find out how was the first edition of Hubcelerator!
Impact Hub Bucharest is announcing the successful end of Hubcelerator acceleration program, where 28 start-ups have been launched.
For 10 weeks, the entrepreneurs participated at the program where the main objective was developing a market validated business model, tested with potential customers. During this process, 13 trainers and consultants delivered over 85 workshop hours, personalised for their startup’s needs, starting from defining the business model, defining a prototype and strategical planning, to support themes for every business: marketing, sales, financial, customer relationship, juridical and others.
The intense working schedule from the acceleration program benefited from the support of the 28 mentors (experienced entrepreneurs and managers), who have been assigned to each participant, totalling a number of 80 mentoring hours.
”Organizing third acceleration program at Impact Hub Bucharest, we are happy to see more and more interesting entrepreneurial initiatives and a bigger will to start in this path. Hubcelerator enteres a more mature phase, by speeding up the participant’s contact with the market and adaptation of the business model, as well as the growing interest of the investors to listen and support them. Each idea has been shaped in many forms, thank to the feedback received from various sources, and those who quickly impletented them succeded in attracting customers even before the end of the program”, declares Vlad Craioveanu, Managing Director Impact Hub Bucharest
One of the most important stages of Hubcelerator was the market validation of the business model. Thus, the entrepreneurs participated in total to over 1400 direct interactions with potentia customers to get constructive feedback and future sales.One of the program’s innovations consisted in launching crowdfunding campaigns, as an alternative method of validation and financing. 8 crowdfuding campaigns have been launched simultaneously, out of which Dare to Rug and Soup Loop succeeding to overcome the initial objectives.
”We registered at Hubcelerator because we realised we don’t know everything and needed some discipline and a model for taking better decisions as entrepreneurs. We entered the program with only one program and in two months we built Dare to Rug brand: understanding the market, we already had an identity and attracted the first clients through the crowdfunding campaign.”, declared Andreea Batros and Flavia Scânteianu from Dare to Rug.
Hubcelerator program’s closing has been marked by organizing Hubcelerator Pitch Day at Impact Hub Bucharest, a 4 hours marathon where entrepreneurs presented their start-ups in front of over 100 people: investors, entrepreneurs, members of Impact Hub Bucharest community.
”What I liked at Hubcelerator was the participant’s variety. Lots of startups from varius domains, with different sizes, with different needs, but almost all of them sustainable. Well structured ideas, sufficiently differenciated in dinamic markets, sustained by enthusiastic people. For sure there is a long way to go for having profitable businesses, however I am glad to be one of the ones who help them achieve this.” declared Sergiu Neguț, one of the investors who took part at Pitch Day
The 28 participating startups at Hubcelerator are:
- Am o dambla: Amodambla.ro brings together people with passion and skill with those seeking an introduction into learning any hobby or craft.
- Apomat: Apomat provides fresh filtered water through a network of vending machines installed in campuses and across the city.
- Artistiq: Artistiq.ro it’s an online shop who sells art and design objects created by romanian artists and designers.
- Bookletta: Bookletta is a line of bags with a special transparent pocket to show off the book that you are reading.
- Carroș: Carros helps busy professionals remember their childhood by provoding tasty home-made food and a side story.
- Centrul de recuperare AVC: The AVC team is building a prevention and recovery clinic to adress the problem of cerebrovascular stroke.
- Coffee4 Friends: Coffee 4 Friends brings quality coffee closer to you through conveniently placed coffee drives.
- Dare to Rug: Dare to Rug is the first Romanian brand that creates designer rugs.
- AgroDrona: AgroDrone supports large farmers to take educated decision using high-tech drones in order to optimize the agricultural process.
- Echoz: Echoz innovates recruiting by using technology to bring job opportunities to the right candidates through unexplored communication channels.
- Eleven Store: Eleven Store provides customers with multiple options to turn photography into art for their home.
- Flug: Flug is a crowd-sourced courier service seamlessly connecting couriers with senders.
- Health and Happyness: Organic farming and products from our own farm and events in the Wonderful Orchad
- inMotion: inMotion – empowers people into a sustainable & healthy lifestyle through smart movement and creative education.
- Kidult: Kidult – the business accelerator for kids. We support kids to become resilient adults in the 21st century!
- Legorent: Legorent provides families and kids with affordable access to LEGO sets through a monthly subscription.
- Modularis Home: Modularis Home designs, produces and delivers high quality sustainable buildings by using prefab materials to provide the cost and time delivery you choose.
- TrainerTour: A platform for dedicated cyclists to train and race together even during the harshest winters.
- ParadoxBox: ParadoxBox creates special boxes that turn even the simplest gifts into a special experience.
- Positive Projects: Positive Projects offers sustainability training and consultancy services to companies and NGOs for implementing the Global Reporting Initiative G4 standard.
- Soup Loop: Soup Loop is the first soup bar in Bucharest, dedicated to healthy food, seasonal, organic ingredients and unique taste.
- Stai să-ți povestesc: Stai Să-ți Povestesc is a training company empowering communities and organizations through Storytelling training and coaching.
- Tonomat: Tonomat brings democracy in clubs, parties or the radio by providing people with a tool to influence the music that is played.
- Traventuras: Traventuras is an outdoor tourism company who aims to bring people closer to nature.
About Impact Hub Bucharest
Impact Hub Bucharest is the go to place for you & your organization to grow together. You will find an award winning coworking space, an entrepreneurial minded community, business development & acceleration programs, crowdfunding opportunities for your startup, innovative conference formats and a funky event space.