Black Sea ClimAccelerator 2022 – The acceleration program for green startups
Inspiration, education and know-how. 300K EUR funding and investment-readiness education. Support for growth and scalability.
Black Sea ClimAccelerator is a business school, as well as an accelerator for growth, a platform with access to investors and finally, a funding opportunity. If you have an innovative solution to perhaps the most talked about and worrying aspect of our world – climate change, then this accelerator is the fuel that can take your startup from idea to scaling, from prototype to investment opportunities.
The program will support some of the most promising startups from Romania and Bulgaria, all in a complex curriculum which consists of workshops on business modeling, marketing, sales, finance management, business consultancy, and investment readiness, one-to-one mentoring sessions, pitching sessions, peer sharing, access to international events and finally, grants of 300K EUR.
Registrations were open until the 15th of September. Each selected startup takes part in one of the 3 divided categories, depending on their startup development stage and growth needs: Early Stage, MVP, or Growth.
The Black Sea ClimAccelerator program is organized with the support of EIT Climate-KIC by Impact Hub Bucharest, The Climate Vertical, Volta, as well as by Innovation Starter în Bulgaria.
- Eco-innovative solutions for clean urban mobility
- Green and sustainable solutions for cities and buildings
- Waste management projects
- Intelligent agriculture for a cleaner climate
- New forms of transformation of systems and logistical food chains
- Nature education projects
- Circular economy development projects
- Solutions for carbon emissions
- Green technologies and services for economic activities
- Solutions to reduce the impact of manufacturing activities on the environment
- Technologies, new systems and solutions that promote sustainable consumption
- Solutions for clean, green and sustainable energy projects
- Green transport solutions
- Technologies or artificial intelligence solutions which have a positive impact on the environment
- Development of sustainable materials projects
The program is not limited to the domains mentioned above, so if you have an innovative solution that can solve some of the global problems we face nowadays, apply now! The program is suitable for green startups in the idea stage and those with a validated prototype, clients and scalable solutions.
Selection criteria include:
- Innovativeness: Is the solution new in research? Are there protected patents? Is the product or the solution already on the market?
- Feasibility: Is the idea realistic? Is it technically feasible? Is there a prototype available? How much time would it take to get the product to market?
- Team: Are there the “right” competencies at place? Do the members have market experience? Is there a track record to measure the startup’s performance?
- Climate Benefit
- Scalability: Is the idea scalable to international markets?
- Long-term perspective: Is the concept sustainable? Can it stay on the market and bring long-term results?
Impact Hub Bucharest
The Climate Vertical
Hai să ne cunoaștem
Hai în vizită
Str. Tudor Arghezi, 8-10
Strada Gara Herăstrău nr 2,
Impact Hub Bucharest face parte din rețeaua globală Impact Hub cu prezențe fizice în peste 100 de locații de pe 5 continente și cu o comunitate de peste 16.000 de membri, conectați printr-o platformă online dedicată.